"The very first step in understanding what this is all about is giving up the concept of an active, volitional 'I' as a separate entity and accepting the passive role of perceiving and functioning as a process." - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

True Siddha


Sri Siddharameshwar Maharaj


God says, "If a man concentrates on attaining various powers, he does not come to Me. My devotees do not desire spiritual powers, and I bestow honor upon them. I worship them. All worship them. The true possessor of all powers is Myself, and My devotee is only Me. I am Myself, the Almighty. All powers are My Nature, so I am called "All-Powerful." When I am attained by the devotee, he becomes one with Me. He is himself God. He has attained the Essence, the Self of all powers. Then nothing is wanted by him. He is the King, and the Glory of the entire kingdom is his. Many servants serve him. That king is truly "The Monarch of All". There are many powers, many siddhis, but for their existence to become possible, the Self must be there in them. Nothing can exist without the Self. So, it is the Self of all powers, of all strengths, and all arts, that is the devotee, who therefore is God. I am one with "My Devotee". There is no other Self except Me in any being. This is Oneness without a second. This is known only by Me, or by My devotee. Others will not know this mystery. When a man becomes the owner of all powers, he relinquishes worldly wealth, or Laxmi (the Goddess of Prosperity), yet, he still becomes the husband of Laxmi. One who kicks away all spiritual powers, all siddhis, becomes the true Siddha. There is only the "one siddha", the Self, "Atmasiddha." This One, is the Master, by way of his "True Nature" (Swaroopa)."

No comments:

Post a Comment

सर्वभूताधिवासं यद्भूतेषु च वसत्यपि।
सर्वानुग्राहकत्वेन तद्स्म्यहं वासुदेवः॥

That in whom reside all beings and who resides in all beings,
who is the giver of grace to all, the Supreme Soul of the universe, the limitless being:
I AM THAT. -- Amritabindu Upanishad