"The very first step in understanding what this is all about is giving up the concept of an active, volitional 'I' as a separate entity and accepting the passive role of perceiving and functioning as a process." - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Monday, June 10, 2013

No More Love For Manifested World

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

First you identify with the body, then you identify with the consciousness, after awhile you continue to be the consciousness, but the trap is that you will think you have become a jnani. Even being in consciousness is time bound. The original state is before the consciousness came upon you. In one case the knowledge was given, it was understood, and the person became That one day; another took a thousand years, and also reached that state. Is there any difference?

What was originally something which I loved, now I no longer want it because I am aware of my true nature. I no longer need this consciousness, even for five minutes.

At the end of your life you will be prepared to pay five lakhs of rupees for an extension of even five minutes. I am not prepared to give even one rupee. I have lost all love this manifested world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

सर्वभूताधिवासं यद्भूतेषु च वसत्यपि।
सर्वानुग्राहकत्वेन तद्स्म्यहं वासुदेवः॥

That in whom reside all beings and who resides in all beings,
who is the giver of grace to all, the Supreme Soul of the universe, the limitless being:
I AM THAT. -- Amritabindu Upanishad