"The very first step in understanding what this is all about is giving up the concept of an active, volitional 'I' as a separate entity and accepting the passive role of perceiving and functioning as a process." - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Afraid Of Losing Beingness?

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
November 29, 1980

Q: I am afraid of losing my beingness, my existence.

Where is the question of worry? Even the parabrahman does not know itself. When we come to the conclusion that you are not, I am not, what is left is said to be parabrahman, but what is parabrahman? You can't describe it, so you are silent. I am also silent. Parabrahman cannot be compared with anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

सर्वभूताधिवासं यद्भूतेषु च वसत्यपि।
सर्वानुग्राहकत्वेन तद्स्म्यहं वासुदेवः॥

That in whom reside all beings and who resides in all beings,
who is the giver of grace to all, the Supreme Soul of the universe, the limitless being:
I AM THAT. -- Amritabindu Upanishad