"The very first step in understanding what this is all about is giving up the concept of an active, volitional 'I' as a separate entity and accepting the passive role of perceiving and functioning as a process." - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Avadhoota Gita - 1

Sage Dattatreya
Chapter 1

55. You are pure, you are without a body, your mind is not higher than the highest. You need not be ashamed to say, 'I am the Self, the Supreme Truth.'

56. Why are you weeping, O mind? Do you, the Self, be the Self by means of the Self. Drink, my child, the Supreme nectar of nonduality, transcending all divisions.

57. There is neither knowledge nor ignorance nor knowledge combined with ignorance. He who has always such knowledge is himself knowledge. It is never otherwise.

58. There is no need of knowledge, reasoning, time, space, instruction from a teacher, or attainment of samadhi. I am naturally the perfect Consciousness, the Real, like the sky, spontaneous and steady.

59. I was not born nor have I death. I have no action, good or evil. I am brahman, stainless, without qualities. How can there be bondage or liberation for me?

60. If God pervades all, if God is immovable, full, undivided, then I see no division. How can He have exterior or interior?

61. The whole universe shines undivided and unbroken. Oh, the maya, the great delusion - the imagination of duality and nonduality.

62. Always 'not this, not this' to both the formless and the formed. Only the Absolute exists, transcending difference and nondifference.

63. You have no mother, no father, no wife, no son, no relative, no friend. You have no likes or dislikes. Why is this anguish in your mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

सर्वभूताधिवासं यद्भूतेषु च वसत्यपि।
सर्वानुग्राहकत्वेन तद्स्म्यहं वासुदेवः॥

That in whom reside all beings and who resides in all beings,
who is the giver of grace to all, the Supreme Soul of the universe, the limitless being:
I AM THAT. -- Amritabindu Upanishad