"The very first step in understanding what this is all about is giving up the concept of an active, volitional 'I' as a separate entity and accepting the passive role of perceiving and functioning as a process." - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Sunday, October 18, 2015

No Thought Is Clean Mind

Sri Siddharameshwar Maharaj

Beingness means 'Consciousness', or 'Knowledge'. The mind attending to other things is what is meant by bondage. The mind when not attending to anything else, is brahman. When there is no thinking about the objects in the mind, the mind is clean, it is still. That is the state of brahman. When you are happily asleep, it is natural joy, or brahman without any emotion. "That" which does not have any state, or brahman without any emotion. "That" which does not have any state, or attitude, is beyond emotion. It is "You" who is the knower of the entire world, the body, the mind, and the sense organs. That "You" is the Supreme Self (paramatman). To realize paramatman is the final achievement. This "knowing" is itself a mystery. Drop the desire to pursue sense objects. One who ceases to desire wealth automatically becomes powerful.

To meditate on Me (the Master) is freedom. Then you are free from all the sorrow of the mundane and the spiritual life. When the individual (jiva) leaves the habit of projecting desires, he himself becomes God (Shiva). I give My status to the one who meditates on Me. I send to hell, the one who instead of meditating on Me, thinks of family and money. Those who desire to have My Power should meditate on Me. I bestow upon them all of My Power, My Status and My Selfhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

सर्वभूताधिवासं यद्भूतेषु च वसत्यपि।
सर्वानुग्राहकत्वेन तद्स्म्यहं वासुदेवः॥

That in whom reside all beings and who resides in all beings,
who is the giver of grace to all, the Supreme Soul of the universe, the limitless being:
I AM THAT. -- Amritabindu Upanishad