"The very first step in understanding what this is all about is giving up the concept of an active, volitional 'I' as a separate entity and accepting the passive role of perceiving and functioning as a process." - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Friday, January 6, 2017

Avadhoota Gita - 3

Sage Dattatreya

Chapter 2

38. He attains the supreme, eternal Self who is not mind, intelligence, body, senses, or egoism; who is neither the subtle elements nor the five gross elements nor of the nature of space.

39. When injunctions cease and the yogi attains to the supreme Self, his mind being void of differentiation, he has neither purity nor impurity; his contemplation is without distinguishing attributes; and even what is usually prohibited is permissible to him.

40. Where mind and speech can utter nothing, how can there be instruction by a teacher? To the teacher-ever united with Brahman who has said these words, the homogeneous Truth shines out.

Chapter 3

1. The distinction of quality and absence of quality does not exist in the least. How shall I worship Siva The Absolute who is devoid of attachment and detachment who is of the form of ether, omniform, beyond illusion and all pervading?

2. Siva (The Absolute) is ever without white and other colors. This effect and cause are also The Supreme Siva. I am thus the pure Siva, Devoid of all doubt. Oh beloved friend, how shall I bow to The Self in myself?

3. I am devoid of root and rootlessness and am ever manifest. I am devoid of smoke and smokelessness and am ever manifest. I am devoid of light and the absence of light and am ever manifest. I am the nectar of knowledge, homogeneous existence like the sky.

4. How shall I speak of desirelessness and desire? How shall I speak of non-attachment and attachment? How shall I speak of Him as devoid of substance and insubstantiality? I am the nectar of knowledge, homogeneous existence, like the sky.

5. How shall I speak of the whole, which is non-dual? How shall I speak of the whole which is of the nature of duality? How shall I speak of the whole, which is eternal and non-eternal? I am the nectar of knowledge, homogeneous existence like the sky.

6. It is neither gross nor subtle. It has neither come nor gone. It is without beginning, middle and end. It is neither high nor low. I am truly declaring the highest reality - I am the nectar of knowledge, homogeneous existence, like the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

सर्वभूताधिवासं यद्भूतेषु च वसत्यपि।
सर्वानुग्राहकत्वेन तद्स्म्यहं वासुदेवः॥

That in whom reside all beings and who resides in all beings,
who is the giver of grace to all, the Supreme Soul of the universe, the limitless being:
I AM THAT. -- Amritabindu Upanishad