"The very first step in understanding what this is all about is giving up the concept of an active, volitional 'I' as a separate entity and accepting the passive role of perceiving and functioning as a process." - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Avadhoota Gita - 3

Sage Dattatreya
Chapter 3

7. Know all instruments of perception to be like ethereal space. Know all of perception to be like ethereal space. Know this pure one as neither bound nor free. I am the nectar of knowledge, homogeneous existence, like the sky. 

8. My child, I am not difficult to comprehend, nor am I hidden in consciousness. My child, I am not difficult to perceive, nor am I hidden in the perceptible. My child, I am not hidden in the forms immediately near me. I am the nectar of knowledge, homogeneous existence, like the sky. 

9. I am the fire that burns the karma of one who is beyond all karma. I am the fire that burns the sorrow of one beyond all sorrow. I am devoid of body. I am the nectar of knowledge, homogeneous existence, like the sky. 

10. I am the fire that burns the sin of one who is sinless. I am the fire that burns the attributes of one who is without attributes. I am the fire that burns the bondage of one who is without bondage. I am the nectar of knowledge, homogeneous existence, like the sky. 

11. My child, I am devoid of non-existence and of existence. My child, I am not devoid of unity and the absence of unity. My child I am not devoid of mind and absence of mind. I am the nectar of knowledge, homogeneous existence, like the sky. 

12. It is not my ignorance that the one beyond Illusion seems to be positioned in illusion. It is not my ignorance that the grief-less one appears to be positioned in grief. It is not my ignorance that the greed-less one appears to be positioned in greed. I am the nectar of knowledge, homogeneous existence, like the sky. 

13. The creeper-like growth of worldly existence is never mine. The joy of extended contentment is never mine. This bondage of ignorance is never mine. I am the nectar of knowledge, homogeneous existence, like the sky.

14. The activity involved in the extension of relative existence is not a modification of myself. The gloom which is the expansion of grief is not a modification of myself. The tranquility which produces one's religious merit is not a modification of mine. I am the nectar of knowledge, homogeneous existence, like the sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

सर्वभूताधिवासं यद्भूतेषु च वसत्यपि।
सर्वानुग्राहकत्वेन तद्स्म्यहं वासुदेवः॥

That in whom reside all beings and who resides in all beings,
who is the giver of grace to all, the Supreme Soul of the universe, the limitless being:
I AM THAT. -- Amritabindu Upanishad