"The very first step in understanding what this is all about is giving up the concept of an active, volitional 'I' as a separate entity and accepting the passive role of perceiving and functioning as a process." - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Avadhoota Gita -3

Sage Dattatreya
Chapter 3

42. I have told thee all that is essential. there is neither thou, nor anything for me - or for a great one. nor is there any teacher or disciple. The supreme reality is natural and exists in its own way. I am the nectar of knowledge, homogenous existence, like the sky.

43. If I, the supreme, of the nature of the sky, alone exist, how can there be here the supreme truth - which is blissful reality, how can there be here the supreme truth which is not of the nature of bliss, and how can there be here the supreme truth of the nature of knowledge and intuition?

44. Know the one who is Consciousness and devoid of fire and air. Know the one of the nature of consciousness - who is devoid of earth and water. Know the one of the nature of consciousness- who is devoid of coming and going.

45. I am neither of the nature of the void - nor of the nature of non-void. I am neither of pure nature nor of impure nature. I am neither form nor formlessness. I am the supreme reality of the form of its own nature.

46. Renounce the world in every way. Renounce renunciation in every way. Renounce the poison of renunciation and non-renunciation. The self is pure, immortal, natural and immutable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

सर्वभूताधिवासं यद्भूतेषु च वसत्यपि।
सर्वानुग्राहकत्वेन तद्स्म्यहं वासुदेवः॥

That in whom reside all beings and who resides in all beings,
who is the giver of grace to all, the Supreme Soul of the universe, the limitless being:
I AM THAT. -- Amritabindu Upanishad