"The very first step in understanding what this is all about is giving up the concept of an active, volitional 'I' as a separate entity and accepting the passive role of perceiving and functioning as a process." - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Swaroopa, Difficult to Attain

Sri Siddharameshwar Maharaj

What are you studying? It is enough that you have an understanding of non-duality (Advaita). Is there any other without the One? When you knew your mother, what is the necessity of shouting her name? When mind is imbibed with the discernment that there is only One, nothing else remains to be done. For the one who realizes that he is everywhere, no further spiritual practice (sadhana) is necessary. For one who knows Me, the Self, his efforts are ended. I told my dear devotees that the Self is all, the  I am in All, but I told others to do some sadhana, and I told them to grow long hair on their head. I did not give "My Knowledge" to them. This is  "My Own Knowledge". I have removed the sense of separateness in the minds of My Devotees but for sages and yogis, I prescribed certain regiments of practice. I gave their body a lifetime of a thousand years, but I gave "My Knowledge" only to My Devotees. My Knowledge, the Knowledge about My True Nature (swaroopa) is difficult to attain. Unless one is devoid of all sense of ego, all desire, and all pride, it is not realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

सर्वभूताधिवासं यद्भूतेषु च वसत्यपि।
सर्वानुग्राहकत्वेन तद्स्म्यहं वासुदेवः॥

That in whom reside all beings and who resides in all beings,
who is the giver of grace to all, the Supreme Soul of the universe, the limitless being:
I AM THAT. -- Amritabindu Upanishad